Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials is a leading global manufacturer of high-performance thermoplastic materials in the form of semi-finished products and finished parts. The company has locations in 20 countries and more than 2,800 employees. Its specialty engineering thermoplastics and composites are superior in performance to metals and other materials and are used in a wide range of applications, primarily in the capital goods industry. The company is continuously developing new areas of applications in close cooperation with industry leaders in a broad variety of customer markets. The Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials Group is well prepared to further expand its market leadership position.
Supporting the vision of our holding company, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation (MCHC), Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials is committed to the realization of KAITEKI, “a sustainable condition which is comfortable for people, society and the Earth”. To realize this vision, the MCHC Group engages in corporate activities that provide products, technologies and services based on the comprehensive capabilities of the Group in the Performance Products Domain, Industrial Materials Domain and Health Care Domain, with chemistry as the basis of our activities. We jointly express and promote our commitment under the corporate brand THE KAITEKI COMPANY.
ARE YOU READY TO WORK AT MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL?
If so, nice to meet you! Mitsubishi Chemical Advance Material is seeking a Press 3 Operator in Scranton, PA to join a team committed to excellence, continuous improvement and driving sustainable business results. The successful candidate will have great communication, organization, and computer skills. Come be a part of this dynamic team!!
What You Will Do...
Receives Work Center Schedule or Operation Overview list from the Scheduler. Plans and organizes
production agenda through coordination with the Crew Manager and Department Manager.
· Calibrating all equipment and tools. Notify Quality Control and Crew Manager when Micrometers and
calipers need re-calibrated.
· Oversees cleaning of the molds and mold lids
· Mixing Mold Whiz
· Enters data on Material Transfer Scale to fill the mold with resin via the loading system and works with
the press helper to use the leveler to level the resin.
· Enters appropriate product recipes into PLC, starts the process when the Press is available, and
monitors the process to insure a quality manufacturing. Remove mold with hydraulic puller when mold
process is complete.
· Occasionally has to manually adjust molds if they get jammed. If problems occur, determines when to
discontinue procedure if process is producing reject material. If change to product necessary, notifies
· Inspects product to meet quality standards for operations. Inspection process includes visual inspection
for things like warpage, color, no melts, etc., and performs both manual and ultrasonic micrometer
readings at designated places on each sheet.
· Monitors supply of skids for Press and notifies Material Coordinator when more are needed.
· Accurately documents information on Production Inventory Control Sheet and enters Daily Production,
and accurately confirms confirmation data in Movex system.
· For color changes, responsible for taking apart material hopper bins, changing filters, replace socks,
cleaning out the system, purging it, setting up right material and restarting the mold processing.
What You Will Have...
· Demonstrated ability to operate a forklift
· Ability to use ultrasonic and digital micrometers, calipers and other measurement devices
· Basic math skills
· Ability to use the Manipulator
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Demonstrated excellent attendance record.
· Mechanical ability/reasoning
· Familiar with production work and ability to keep up with production requirements
· Computer literate
· Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot
· Attention to detail
· Sense of urgency
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Communication Skills
· Customer Focused
· History of safe working behaviors
· Adaptable and Flexible
· Team player
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation values diversity in the workplace, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition.