Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials is a leading global manufacturer of high-performance thermoplastic materials in the form of semi-finished products and finished parts. The company has locations in 20 countries and more than 2,800 employees. Its specialty engineering thermoplastics and composites are superior in performance to metals and other materials and are used in a wide range of applications, primarily in the capital goods industry. The company is continuously developing new areas of applications in close cooperation with industry leaders in a broad variety of customer markets. The Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials Group is well prepared to further expand its market leadership position.
Supporting the vision of our holding company, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation (MCHC), Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials is committed to the realization of KAITEKI, “a sustainable condition which is comfortable for people, society and the Earth”. To realize this vision, the MCHC Group engages in corporate activities that provide products, technologies and services based on the comprehensive capabilities of the Group in the Performance Products Domain, Industrial Materials Domain and Health Care Domain, with chemistry as the basis of our activities. We jointly express and promote our commitment under the corporate brand THE KAITEKI COMPANY.
ARE YOU READY TO WORK AT MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL?
If so, nice to meet you! Mitsubishi Chemical Advance Material is seeking a Ram Extrusion Operator in Scranton, PA to join a team committed to excellence, continuous improvement and driving sustainable business results. The successful candidate will have great communication, organization, and computer skills. Come be a part of this dynamic team!!
What You Will Do...
• Safety o Perform all responsibilities with safety as first priority.o Continuously evaluate job tasks, and proactively address safety concerns.o Perform all functions with an attitude of teamwork, cooperativeness, positive thinking, and responsibility.
• Housekeeping o Keep department floor space organized and clean.o Take initiative to lead and complete 6S Projects
• Process o Demonstrates ability to operate and understand the principles of ram extrusion.o Manage multiple pieces of equipment and processes at the same timeo Properly start up and shutdown the ram extrusion process.o Properly setup and tear down ram extrusion dies, clean dies as necessaryo Monitor process and identify problems (heats, rates, physical characteristics, quality defects, and ensure product meets specifications)o Raw Material - Monitor, fill and/or exchange resin hoppers, complete color changes. Understand and use the Material Transfer System (Silo, Vacuum Pump, Receivers, and Control Panel) o Properly record production in Movex, cut up scrap, and package materials o Troubleshoot product defects, process issues, and equipmento Accurately operate downstream cutting equipment o Operate within given scrap rates and productivity metrics.
• Quality o Cut stock to correct lengths, and package as necessary.o Properly label and identify all materialso Ability to complete all paperwork correctly and in a timely fashiono Use QC Tools to accurately inspect and document inspection datao Provide accurate information to the next shift during shift change.o Follow Nonconformance Policy when defects are observed
• Maintenance / Equipment - o Complete Operator PM’so Work with Maintenance to ensure that equipment is working properly.o Assist Maintenance with tooling and equipment repairs as necessary o Have a complete understanding of normal operating conditions of Chillers, Material Transfer, Nitrogen, Air, Water, and Hydraulic Systems.
What You Will Have...
• Excellent safety and attendance record• Strong mechanical aptitude – Proper use of hand tools, and power tools. Able to mechanically understand how equipment operates, to assist in troubleshooting• Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills • Demonstrates ability to safely operate forklifts.• Capable of interacting with machine controls (Using Human Interface to control Process)• Commitment to a clean work environment and equipment• Quickly and accurately be able to read and measure with micrometers, calipers, tape measures, protractor, feeler gauge, and weight scale).• Use fractions and decimals to record measurements.• Ability to work in a team environment• Detail oriented personality – Excellent verbal, handwritten, and email communication skills• Commitment to the operating principles and 6S programs• Ability to handle multiple tasks, use time management, and prioritization skills• Ability to record and confirm prime product, resin and scrap across multiple extrusion lines. • Strong use of the Intranet to get Process Sheets, QC Documents, Work Instructions, Forms, MSDS.
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation values diversity in the workplace, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition.